Terms of Service
General Terms and Conditions of Business (AGB) for the BVG online shop
1. Area of validity
The following Terms and Conditions of Business apply to all orders you place in our online shop or on our BVG app (hereafter the BVG online shop).
When ordering tickets, the VBB fares scale*
(“collective fares scale of transport companies in the Berlin-Brandenburg public transport network” (VBB fares scale), including its supplements and appendices, additionally applies in the latest version published in the Berlin official gazette.
Orders can only be accepted by persons of 18 years and over.
Appendix 5 applies in particular to season tickets.
The Berliner Verkehrsbetriebe (BVG), a statutory public body, is your partner under this contract.
*Customer conditions which contradict or deviate from these are expressly excluded.
2. Conclusion of contract
Conclusion of the order process constitutes a binding offer on your part.
2.2.1 Tickets by post and other mail-order products
When ordering tickets and products that are sent out by us, you will receive an automatically generated e-mail in which we confirm that we have received your order. This confirmation of receipt does not yet represent acceptance of your offer to purchase.
The contract of sale for the article(s) ordered by you takes effect when the BVG accepts your order by separate e-mail notification or sends the articles to you.
The BVG reserves the right to withdraw from a contract if the goods cannot be supplied for reasons which are beyond its control. In the event of this, you will be informed without delay of the unavailability of the goods, and any payment you have already made with regard to this order will be refunded.
2.2.2 Self-print and mobile tickets
(1) The contract of sale for self-print tickets takes effect, on completion of your order, when the BVG enables the “Print ticket now” button to allow you to download your ticket
in PDF format.
(2) The contract of sale for mobile tickets takes effect when the mobile ticket is made available for viewing within the BVG app.
3. Registering, prices and postage
3.1 Registering in the BVG online shop
To place an order, you must register in our online shop. The following information must be provided:
- Name and full address
- Date of birth
- E-mail address
- Preferred method of payment, bank details, credit card details, mobile phone number
Orders can only be accepted from customers with a delivery and billing address within the European Union and Switzerland. Customers with a delivery and billing address in Switzerland are responsible for complying with Swiss customs regulations. The BVG shall accept no liability for any costs incurred in ordering from Switzerland.
3.2 Prices for tickets and other products
All prices include statutory VAT as applicable to the product.
If the rate of VAT changes, the customer agrees to a corresponding adjustment in prices.
Only the latest approved and published BVG / VBB fares are valid for tickets (plus postage and packing for tickets by post, see sections 6.2.2 and 6.2.3).
4. Payment conditions
4.1 Payment methods
Customers may choose from the following payment methods when ordering in the shop:
- Direct debit with a SEPA direct debit mandate
- Credit card (Visa, MasterCard)
No other payment methods are possible.
4.2 Payment by direct debit
(1) The payment due for the products you purchase using the direct debit method, except for season tickets, will be collected by
LogPay Financial Services GmbH
Schwalbacher Str. 72
65760 Eschborn, (in the following: LogPay)
to whom all due payments are sold and assigned (notice of assignment). LogPay is the third-party beneficiary of the following provisions. It is also authorised to collect payments in its own name and for its own account.
Payment for season tickets is collected by the BVG according to the VBB fares scale, appendix 5.
(2) Direct debit payments are only possible from bank accounts held in Germany. Customers are not automatically eligible to use the direct debit method.
The direct debit method is available to legally competent persons over 18 years of age. In other cases, the approval of a legal representative must be obtained.
(3) A customer credit check is carried out during the direct debit registration process. This check is only carried out
- the first time the customer wishes to use the direct debit payment method and
- the first time the customer wishes to use the direct debit payment method following a change of
customer information, e.g. name, address and/or bank details (SEPA direct debit mandate).
The check involves a comparison of the personal and bank details (information on the person, residential address, bank account and sort code) of the customer with the data held by
SCHUFA Holding AG
(4) The customer is obliged to ensure he or she has sufficient funds to cover the direct debit payment in his or her account. If the customer effects an unauthorised return of the direct debit or if the direct debit payment at his or her bank is rejected for reasons for which he or she is responsible – in particular due to insufficient funds, incorrect or invalid bank details or if an objection is lodged –, he or she shall be obliged to ensure sufficient funds or eliminate the cause of the failed payment so that, in addition to the outstanding amount, the return debit fee (currently €6.25) and any charges applied by his or her bank can be debited by the payment provider within 14 days. Direct payments by the customer, e.g. bank transfers, will not be accepted.
The customer is obliged to provide notification of all bank details required to use the SEPA direct debit method (BIC and IBAN) and enter them on the designated form (SEPA direct debit mandate). It is hereby agreed that the period of pre-notification by LogPay shall be at least two (2) days before the due date. A period of at least five (5) days shall apply to the first direct debit. Notification may be made electronically (e.g. by e-mail or electronic invoice) or by other means. The above periods shall not apply in the event that immediate payment is required (e.g. termination, exclusion or exceeded limits).
The BVG will not obtain a written SEPA direct debit mandate from LogPay.
Customers who are blocked from using the direct debit payment method shall be excluded from this
4.3 Payment by credit card
(1) Payment for products purchased using credit cards is only possible with Visa or MasterCard. Other credit cards are not accepted. Customers are not automatically eligible to use the credit card payment method.
(2) On conclusion of the order process, the following payment details of the customer are recorded:
- Surname and first name of the credit card holder
- Credit card number
- Credit card expiry date
- Credit card CVC code (on the back of the card)
- SecureCode as applicable (personal enhanced security, optional private code from credit card company)
This information is passed to the systems of the payment provider for billing purposes. Credit card details are securely stored in a PCI DSS certified system.
(3) The company
B+S Card Service GmbH
Lyoner Straße 9
60528 Frankfurt/Main (in the following: payment provider)
is responsible for handling these payment methods.
(4) The payment provider’s system checks the payment data provided by the customer for correctness and any restrictions placed on the account by the respective credit card provider. Should authorisation fail for any reason, the customer will be informed accordingly.
(5) The bank account or credit card will be charged in accordance with the procedures employed by the customer’s bank or his or her credit card issuing institution. Purchased tickets appear on the credit card statement from the card provider as a total amount in euros.
(6) The customer will receive detailed information with a breakdown of the total amount by e-mail. An order history is also available in the log-in area of the BVG
(7) If the customer makes an unauthorised chargeback (payment return), he or she shall be obliged to pay the currently valid processing fee and any charges applied by the credit card acquirer in addition to the amount for the tickets originally purchased. The amount of the processing fee is governed by the T&Cs of the customer’s bank. Direct payments by the customer, e.g. bank transfers, are not accepted.
5. Cancellation clause
5.1 Right to cancel
You have the right to cancel this contract within fourteen days without giving any reason. The cancellation period is fourteen days from the date on which you or a third party named by you and who is not the carrier take physical possession of the goods (the last goods in the event of multiple deliveries in a single order).
To exercise your right to candel for the order of tickets, passenger information products and souvenirs, you must inform us, Berliner Verkehrsbetriebe (BVG), a statutory public body, of your intent to do so by appropriate means (e.g. postal letter, fax or e-mail):
Berliner Verkehrsbetriebe (BVG)
Anstalt des öffentlichen Rechts
Fax: 030 / 256 34666
In case of revocation of subscription request by
Berliner Verkehrsbetriebe (BVG)
Fax: 030 / 256 20149
You may use the enclosed sample cancellation form, but you do not have to. To comply with the period of cancellation, all you need to do is send notification that you are exercising your right to cancel prior to the end of the period of cancellation.
5.2 Consequences of cancellation
If you cancel your contract with us, we will repay all monies we have received from you, including delivery costs (with the exception of additional costs which may arise if you select a different type of delivery to the cheapest standard delivery we offer), promptly and within fourteen days from the date on which we receive notification of your intent to cancel this contract. For the purposes of reimbursement, we will use the form of payment you used for the original transaction, unless we have explicitly agreed otherwise with you; in no case will you be charged anything for this repayment. We may refuse to make payment until we have received the goods or until you have provided evidence that you have returned the goods, whichever is earlier.
You must return the goods without delay and in any event no later than fourteen days from the date on which you have notified us of your intention to cancel, to the address given in section 5.1 (or another, specified address). The deadline for returns shall be deemed to have been met if you send the goods prior to expiry of fourteen days. You are responsible for the direct costs for returning the goods. You are only responsible for reimbursing us for any diminished value of the goods resulting from your handling of them to an extent beyond what is necessary to ascertain the quality, nature and functioning of the goods.
5.3 Exclusion of the right of cancellation
There is no right of cancellation applicable to contracts specified in article 312(2) BGB (German Civil Code), in particular for the purchase of tickets (contracts for the carriage of persons, article 312(2)(5) BGB) and contracts specified in article 312g(2) BGB, in particular sound or video recordings or sealed computer software, if the seal is broken following delivery.
Sample cancellation for tickets
Berliner Verkehrsbetriebe (BVG), Anstalt des öffentlichen Rechts
Fax: 030 / 256 34666
I hereby give notice that I/we (*) wish to cancel the contract for the following goods (*):
Ordered on (*)/received on (*):
Signature(s) (only for paper-based notification):
(*) Delete as applicable.
6.1 Online tickets
(1) Self-print tickets and mobile tickets will be provided according to section 2.2.2.
(2) The customer is responsible for ensuring he or she has the required hardware and software to download the self-print tickets and print them out (in monochrome or colour).
The customer must ensure that the tickets are printed out so that all information can be read and checked completely and legibly. Tickets must be printed out in their original size.
(3) Mobile tickets purchased using the BVG app are made available to view within the application.
6.2 Tickets by post and other products (except season tickets)
6.2.1 Orders will be dispatched by a carrier of our choice to the business or residential address given in your order. Orders exceeding a total value of €500.00 may be dispatched in several separate deliveries. Once an order has been received, the BVG typically supplies its carrier with the articles within 7 working days. The T&Cs of the shipping company apply.
6.2.2 There is a standard delivery charge of €6.00 for each order dispatched to an address in Germany.
If the order comprises several separate deliveries, the standard delivery charge is payable only once.
6.2.3 There is a standard delivery charge of €17.50 for each order dispatched to an address in a member state of the European Union outside Germany. If the order comprises several separate deliveries, the standard delivery charge is payable only once.
6.3 Retention of title
All goods supplied remain the property of the Berliner Verkehrsbetriebe until payment has been received in full.
In the event that goods are resold, the retention of title shall cover a claim for the purchase price (extended retention of title).
The BVG shall be liable for damages resulting from injury to life, limb and health, for damages resulting from a breach of duties, fulfilment of which make due performance of the contract possible and on which the other party can normally expect to be able to rely (material contractual obligations) and for other damage resulting from a wilful or grossly negligent breach of duty in accordance with statutory provisions. Liability for claims in accordance with Product Liability Law shall remain unaffected. Liability for damage claims, irrespective of legal reason, is excluded.
8. Data protection
The BVG is entitled to edit, save and use customer data received in the course of an order for purposes of fulfilling the order. By submitting this information, the customer expressly consents to this.
The BVG collects, processes and uses personal data in accordance with data protection legislation, in particular the Berlin Data Protection Act (BlnDSG) in its official text version. The BVG observes the principles of data economy and data reduction, meaning that personal data are only collected and processed to the minimum extent necessary to fulfil its duties.
9. Final provisions
9.1 Applicable law
The laws of Germany are applicable, to the exclusion of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods.
9.2 Place of performance and place of jurisdiction
The place of performance is Berlin. Insofar as the customer is a registered trader or a legal entity under public law, it is agreed that the exclusive place of jurisdiction is the registered office of the seller.
9.3 Severability clause
If one or more provisions in these General Terms and Conditions of Business should be wholly or partly invalid, or lose their legal validity, the validity of the remaining terms shall not be not affected as a result.