Filming and photography
Berlin’s 173 U-Bahn stations, the underground tunnels and of course the BVG’s buses and trains are popular with photographers, filmmakers and television crews from all over the world. However, the undisturbed, safe and reliable transport of around 3 million passengers daily has absolute priority. Therefore, filming and photography on the BVG’s premises, facilities or vehicles always requires prior, written authorization.
Please contact the press office in good time to find out about the types of permit available. You should get in touch at least two weeks in advance, or up to several months if your project is complex. Permits for filming and photography can be issued to news crews at short notice.
We require the following minimum information to make an initial assessment of your application:
- Your full contact information, including telephone number, company name and address,
- Brief description of your project,
- Detailed description of the scenes and images you want to film or photograph on the BVG’s premises, facilities or vehicles (please include the relevant sections of your script for film projects),
- Exact location at which you want to film or take photographs,
- Exact period (date, time and duration),
- Number of persons, including crew, actors and any extras,
- For school and university projects: a confirmation by the school or university that the project is part of the curriculum.
The cost of the permit, if any, depends on the scope of your project. If required, the BVG will be happy to provide you with an estimate. In any case, you must have public liability insurance.
Please note that although initial enquiries can be made in English, all permits are issued in German. For complex and commercial projects that involve contracts and/or costs, a German speaking contact on your side is necessary.