The Berliner Verkehrsbetriebe (BVG) endeavours to make its website accessible. The digital accessibility statement is required by the Berlin Accessible Information and Communication Technology Act (BIKTG Bln). The technical requirements for accessibility are derived from BITV 2.0 (the German directive for accessible information technology).
The website is only partially accessible. The requirements of the current BITV are only met in part. The accessibility check was carried out by TWIN CUBES GmbH on 12 January 2024 by means of a BITV test.
The areas listed below are either not or only partially accessible:
- Although some graphical controls are provided with alternative texts, many of them are not very meaningful.
- The service chatbot is not fully accessible, especially in terms of keyboard operation.
- Headings in the footer are not labelled as such.
- The meta and main navigation elements are lists, but are not labelled as such.
- The list of error messages contains text sections that are not implemented as such.
- Form field labels are not available in some places.
- In mobile view, it is possible to use a screen reader to navigate through the visually hidden elements in the background when the menu is open.
- Some text and graphical controls may be difficult to see, and in some cases the contrast ratio of elements to their background is not sufficient.
- On some pages, lists of links are not automatically wrapped, either when the browser window is 320 CSS pixels wide or when the browser window is set to 1280 CSS pixels wide.
- Some elements cannot be operated with the keyboard, or only in a limited way.
- In some cases, the keyboard sequence is inconsistent and confusing.
- Some pages have navigation areas that either have no names or identical names.
- The keyboard focus is not always visible or easy to see.
- Not all components (including buttons) are implemented in such a way that the semantic information (name, role, properties) is available or correctly implemented.
The elimination of these known issues is currently being planned. As soon as the planning is completed, it will be published on this page.
Who can you contact with comments or questions about digital accessibility?
Have you noticed any accessibility issues regarding our website? If so, please feel free to contact us at
Berliner Verkehrsbetriebe (BVG) – AöR –
Contact the State Commissioner for Digital Accessibility
If your contact with us was not successful, you can contact the State Commissioner for Digital Accessibility:
Jüdenstraße 1, 10178 Berlin
Martin-Hoffmann-Straße 16, 12435 Berlin
Telefon: 030 / 90223-1515
Updated: 05. Februar 2024