More and more people are using their bikes together with public transport. The BVG supports this approach to mobility and provides parking facilities for bicycles, some of them even covered, at many stations and stops.
You must buy a ticket for your bicycle within the Berlin-Brandenburg public transport network (VBB) and thus also when using BVG services.
- Every bicycle taken on a journey requires a bicycle fare ticket
- If several persons travel together on one ticket, each further bicycle requires a separate ticket
- Bicycle tickets can only be used in combination with a valid main ticket
If you have a personal ticket,
- which includes school student tickets, tickets for trainees, and semester tickets,
- you do not need a ticket for your bike and are free to take it along with you, as provided by the conditions of carriage permit