Important covid-19 notice
We would like to point out that due to legal or administrative requirements and prohibitions, any booked rides may be cancelled by us in whole or in part. If you are unable to participate due to a full or partial cancellation, we will refund any ticket prices already paid.
Prerequisite for participation is a double vaccination (the 2nd vaccination must be at least 14 days ago), a proof of recovery (positive PCR test, no older than 6 months) or a current negative Corona test (no older than 24 hours).
An FFP2 mask must be worn for the entire duration of the U-Bahn convertible ride, and the safety distance must be observed when boarding and exiting the vehicle.
We are currently in the winter break. Tickets for the u-bahn convertible will be available again in spring 2022.
One subway station as a potato cellar, another as a nuclear bunker for up to 3300 people? These are not wild fantasies on our part, but just two of many exciting and surprising stories that are hidden behind Berlin's subway stations. You can find out more about them on the most unusual city tour of the capital!
In an open subway car, you will travel at around 35 km/h through the Berlin subway tunnels. The tour lasts about 2 hours, during which our host will provide you with interesting facts and curiosities about the structural features and history of the Berlin subway.
Online Ticket Shop & Vouchers
Tickets for a ride on the BVG U-Bahn convertible can be purchased conveniently in our online store (currently only available in German). Please note that it is not possible to cancel tickets purchased online.
Due to current limitations, gift vouchers without a fixed date cannot be offered at the moment. Already purchased vouchers can only be redeemed via e-mail with the voucher number(s) and postal address!
Overview of the most important information
The trips with the subway convertible take place on Friday evenings from April to October. Every Friday there are two dates: 7 pm and 10:30 pm. Participants should be at the meeting point half an hour before departure.
Please note: We can only offer dates on Friday evenings if we have the subway cars available and there are no restrictions due to construction on the route. Therefore, the number of trips offered on Fridays may vary.
Start and end station is the Deutsche Oper subway station. Please note that this station is not yet barrier-free. However, it is possible to arrive via barrier-free access, e.g. via Zoologischer Garten station in the direction of Ruhleben or Theodor-Heuss-Platz.
Per person (full payer): 53 €
Children under 14 years of age: 38 €
Severely disabled individuals (with mark "B" starting at 80%) and their registered companion: 38 €
For groups of 10 people or more, a single ticket costs only €48.00. These can only be booked via email.
What do I need to know?
- Wheelchair users can only be taken along if they are in a folding wheelchair (not a power wheelchair) and can get into the subway car independently or with assistance. Unfortunately, it is not possible to take a normal wheelchair for reasons of space and safety.
- Passengers must be at least 18 years old. Younger passengers (from the age of 6 onwards) may only come along if accompanied by an adult who can guarantee their supervision during the entire ride. We reserve the right to exclude children and teenagers from participation in individual cases.
- During the ride you must wear a safety helmet, which we will naturally provide you with.
- Filming and photography is only possible to a limited extent. Please follow the moderator's instructions.
- The moderation takes place exclusively in German via headset.
- There are no breaks during the tour. Please use our restrooms before and after the tour at the Deutsche Oper subway station.
- Our fleet consists of one electric-powered train and four platform cars with a maximum capacity of 200 seats.
- With our tickets you can also use public transportation! The tickets are valid for arrival/departure to/from the meeting point in the tariff area Berlin ABC for 2 hours before the start of the event until 3 am the following day.