The Berliner Verkehrsbetriebe (BVG) endeavours to make its mobile application accessible. The digital accessibility statement is required by the Berlin Accessible Information and Communication Technology Act (BIKTG Bln). The technical requirements for accessibility are derived from BITV 2.0 (the German directive for accessible information technology).
This digital accessibility statement applies to both the iOS version 4.5 (36) and the Android version of the ‘BVG Muva’ mobile application.
When was the accessibility statement created?
This statement was created on 04/08/2022.
Technical accessibility (a BIK BITV app test) was checked by TWIN CUBES GmbH between 02/08 and 04/08/2022.
How accessible is the service?
This mobile application is only partially accessible. The requirements of BITV 2.0 are only met in part.
Which areas are not accessible?
The areas listed below are not accessible for the reasons stated:
- Some informative graphics do not have alternative texts.
- There is structured content where no elements for headings are used.
- Labels of form boxes are in part not programmatically assigned to the boxes.
- Only portrait orientation is supported.
- In some cases, the required contrast ratio of texts compared to their backgrounds is insufficient (Android only).
- Some content and functions are not accessible and operable with the keyboard (Android only).
- The keyboard focus order is not coherent and comprehensible in some cases. Among other things, visually hidden and non-interactive elements get the keyboard focus (Android only).
- Content is sometimes not correctly output in the visually visible order by the screen reader.
- In some cases, the required contrast ratio of texts, form boxes, and content compared to their backgrounds is insufficient.
- Some content and functions are not accessible and operable with the keyboard.
- The keyboard focus order is not coherent and comprehensible in some cases. Among other things, visually hidden and non-interactive elements get the keyboard focus.
- In some cases, the labels of input fields are not meaningful (Android only).
- In some interactive elements, the keyboard focus is not clearly highlighted/recognisable.
- The map can only be operated using pointing gestures. There are no alternative input options to zoom in/out or move the map.
- In some cases, the visible label does not appear in the accessible name of the element.
- When selecting a payment method, German-language elements of the page are read out in an English voice.
- Not all components are implemented in such a way that the semantic information (name, role, properties) is present.
- Some status messages are not accessible to non-visual users (iOS only).
- The app does not support the system settings ‘Larger text’ (iOS only) and ‘Dark design’.
All open issues regarding accessibility will be successively resolved in the next versions of the app.
Who can you contact with comments or questions about digital accessibility (feedback option)?
If you notice any problems with regard to the accessible design of the BVG Muva app, please feel free to contact us:
Berliner Verkehrsbetriebe (BVG) - AöR
Contact the State Commissioner for Digital Accessibility
If your contact with BVG was not successful, you can contact the State Commissioner for Digital Accessibility.
Link to contact form: https://www.berlin.de/moderne-verwaltung/barrierefreie-it/anlaufstellen/landesbeauftragte/formular.989601.php
More information on the State Commissioner for Digital Accessibility: https://www.berlin.de/moderne-verwaltung/barrierefreie-it/anlaufstellen/landesbeauftragte/artikel.988070.php