Offer by Via
Until 28.02.2022 you can ride from/to a station with BVG Muva and your VBB ticket for free. The additional charge of 1,50 € is gifted for the promotional period by Via.*
If you want to use the BVG Muva app for Android but don’t have a Google account, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to get a direct download link.
You will need to sign up, as the service is based on pooled journeys. As a result, it is necessary to book the service and specify requirements for the booking. When you use the BVG Muva app for the first time, you need to click on ‘Sign up’ and create an account before you can log in and book a ride.
Four steps to sign-up:
- Click on the ‘Let’s go’ button on the app’s start screen.
- We’ll verify your phone number and then you can get on with signing up. Enter the requested information on this page.
- Click ‘Next’ to go to the next page and enter your payment method. When you’ve done this, click ‘OK’ and the app will be ready for use.
- To book an accessible vehicle, you can specify the booking requirement in your account data. As soon as the information is in the account, you can specify whether you are travelling with a wheelchair, buggy, or luggage, for example, in the passenger information section. You only need to do this once.
Done! Now you can book a ride.
BVG Muva offers the following services within the service area:
- Ride to/from a station or a direct ride
- Ride because a lift has broken down or there is no lift at a station but you absolutely need one (limited mobility, buggy, wheeled walking aid, luggage, ...)
You select the service you need at the bottom of the app before you start your booking. This involves the following steps:
- Enter your starting point in the app.
To do this, move the map in the app until the marker is at your desired pick-up position. Use the search function or activate GPS data and a position will be suggested automatically. Then click on ‘Confirm’. You can also set an existing marker as your pick-up location.
- Place the marker at your desired destination.
Click on ‘Confirm destination’. You can also enter the address manually in the search bar. The app will search for available vehicles and show you the most suitable service.
- Choose who or what you’ll take with you.
Specify accompanying persons and objects (wheelchair, walking aid, buggy, suitcase).
- All details, including exact pick-up location, pick-up time, and fare, will be displayed. Check the ride offer and click ‘Book this ride’. Payment for the ‘Flexible Ride’ is made using the payment method stored in the app. After booking, you’ll be given information about the vehicle that will pick you up. Your actual pick-up location will be displayed in the app – it may be a few minutes’ walk from your desired pick-up location, so you will need to walk there in time to wait for the vehicle.
If you have any questions or queries, you can always contact the driver.
The flat-rate surcharge of 1,50 € for rides from/to a station will be dropped for the promotional period until 28.02.2022. Not applicable for direct rides. The flat-rate surcharge is gifted by Via Mobility DE GmbH. The offer is not financially supported by BVG AöR.