Offer by Via
Until 31.12.2022 you can ride from/to a station with BVG Muva and your VBB ticket for free. The additional charge of 1,50 € is gifted for the promotional period by Via.
- On-demand public transport
- User-friendly and inclusive service
- Accessible and convenient connections
- Sustainable and genuinely useful
BVG Muva is our new on-demand service. This inclusive service aims to fulfil our legal mobility guarantee, providing accessible and convenient public transport connections for all Berliners.
The service includes two options.
BVG Muva flexible ride offers you accessible and convenient public transport connections. There are two services on offer: Rides from/to a station or direct rides. You can find flexible rides in parts of the districts of Lichtenberg, Marzahn-Hellersdorf, Treptow-Köpenick and Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg.
The service is here for you if you rely on a lift and the alternative accessible public transport route to your destination would take considerably longer. Along the U8, on parts of the U5, and between Attilastraße and Marienfelde S-Bahn stations (in both directions), you can call a BVG Muva if lifts have broken down or are not available at the stations.
BVG Muva is not a door-to-door service, it’s a service personalised to your needs.
- Requests are pooled and rides are combined, meaning other people may be getting on and off during your ride.
- You’ll need to book the service to ensure that rides are pooled in a way that serves all users and helps to protect the environment.
- BVG Muva transports you without a timetable but according to your needs.
- Pick-up and drop-off points are bus stops and virtual stops* in the service area that you can reach quickly and easily (e.g. junctions, corners).
A virtual stop is only displayed in the app; there are no physical stop signs. Virtual stops are spread out throughout the service area. They should be no more than 300 metres away from you. The stops are clearly marked, either by house numbers or points of interest. The exact location is displayed in the app. You can let the app navigate directly to the virtual stop by activating the location. Our call centre staff can also guide you to your stop by describing it on the phone in the service area along the U8, on parts of the U5, and between Attilastraße and Marienfelde S-Bahn stations (in both directions). For the service area in parts of the districts of Lichtenberg, Marzahn-Hellersdorf, Treptow-Köpenick, and Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg, telephone guidance by our call centre is currently at the planning stage.
The flat-rate surcharge of 1,50 € for rides from/to a station will be dropped for the promotional period until 31.12.2022. Not applicable for direct rides. The flat-rate surcharge is gifted by Via Mobility DE GmbH. The offer is not financially supported by BVG AöR.