1. How do I order the Berlin school student ticket?
The Berlin school student ticket can only be ordered online. To ensure the best experience when ordering, please use a recent version of your browser. No temporary tickets will be issued for this fare product.
2. Can I get the Berlin school student ticket and the fahrCard (chip card) from a BVG customer centre?
No. The Berlin school student ticket can only be ordered online.
3. What do I need to have on me when travelling?
The Berlin school student ticket as fahrCard.
4. Can I combine the ticket with other fare products, e.g. if I want to go to Brandenburg?
An extension ticket for zone C can be purchased for the Berlin school student ticket.
5. Who is the contract with?
If you are a legal adult, the contract is between the BVG and you. If you are a minor, the contract is with your parent or guardian.
6. Can you get the school student ticket as a monthly ticket?
No, the school student ticket is issued exclusively as a fahrCard.
7. I’ve lost my school student ticket. What now?
You can order a replacement online by going to www.bvg.de/schuelerticket-verloren. You’ll need to provide the following: your customer number (can be found in the welcome letter) and a photo.
8. I’d like to apply for the school student ticket. When is it valid from?
You can order the Berlin school student ticket online by going to www.bvg.de/schuelerabo. For a ticket valid from the 1st of any month, it must be ordered online by the 10th of the month before.
9. I live in Berlin but go to school in Brandenburg. Can I order the free Berlin school student ticket?
Yes. To prove your eligibility, upload the following documents during online registration:
- a Berlin certificate of registration or an official student ID with photograph and address
- proof of attendance at a state or state-recognised school in Brandenburg
Note: the Berlin school student ticket is only valid in Berlin fare zones A and B.
10. My child goes to school in Berlin. Why can’t they use their student ID I for travel?
The free offer for Berlin school students is financed by compensation payments from the State of Berlin. To ensure correct accounting, the State of Berlin has specified that only fahrCards will be accepted as authorisation to travel. The student ID I therefore cannot be used for travel.
11. What does the Berlin school student ticket cost?
The state of Berlin covers the cost of the ticket.
12. Who can use the Berlin school student ticket?
All Berlin school students with a valid Berlin student ID I can use the school student ticket. If you go to school in Brandenburg but live in Berlin, you are also entitled to use the free Berlin school student ticket. This also applies to children under 6 in Berlin who don’t yet attend a school. A school acceptance letter, a school allocation, or a deferment notification from a Berlin public authority can be uploaded to prove entitlement.
13. Where is the school student ticket valid?
In Berlin fare zones A and B. Extension tickets may be purchased for occasional trips into Berlin’s surrounding areas (fare zone C).