The BVG prepaid card is a top-up payment card you can use to purchase BVG tickets on our buses and at BVG customer centres. It’s like cash – but contactless. It’s not tied to any specific person.
Want to be the proud owner of a BVG prepaid card? Click here to see customer centres where you can get it.
You can do things like top up, check your credit, or block your BVG prepaid card on the website of our partner epay.
Key information at a glance
- An electronic top-up payment card
- Contactless payment on buses and at BVG customer centres
- Transferable – not tied to any specific person
- Ways to block/unblock the card
- Top up your BVG prepaid card at a BVG customer centre or online
- Check your credit balance online at any time
Topping up and validity
- You can add an amount of your choosing to your BVG prepaid card at any time (up to a maximum of €150 per month).
To top up your card, visit a BVG customer centre or go online.
Each time you top up your BVG prepaid card, your credit is valid for a period of 24 months.
- There are several ways to check your credit balance. Whichever you choose, please have your BVG prepaid card and security number to hand.
- Online on the
- BVG customer centres
- BVG call centre (030 256 19449)
Card return and refund
- If your credit balance is under €50, the amount will be refunded cash at a BVG customer centre.
If your balance is above €50, the amount will be transferred by the Landesbank Hessen-Thüringen (Helaba).
More detailed information can be found in our FAQ or the terms and conditions of use.
- Lost your BVG prepaid card? You can block it at one of our customer centres, by contacting the BVG call centre, or by going to www.helaba.com/de/bvg. If you happen to find it again, you can unblock it in the same way. Please have the card and security number of your BVG prepaid card to hand. We regret to inform you that any remaining credit can only be refunded on presentation of your BVG prepaid card.